A full 250 years after the original Guild Wars, massive upheavals, cataclysms, and globe-spanning events have changed the world of Tyria. Human civilization is in decline. Other races are rising up, taking control over large portions of the world; the balance of power has shifted. The dragons have awoken.
- Dynamic Events. Explore an ever-changing fantasy world where your actions have a real and persistent effect on your surroundings. Dynamic events respond and change based on how you react to them. Will you defend that village from rampaging centaurs, or let it burn? The choice is yours!
- Personal Stories. Your personal story begins with key decisions you make when creating your character’s biography, and then evolves with each fateful choice you make in the game. You decide who lives, who dies, and what path you’ll walk in life, and those choices have a lasting effect on both your personal story and your private home instance.
- Action-Oriented Combat. Experience a new kind of high-impact, fast-paced combat. Attack on the move, dodge and roll away from enemy blows, team up with other players for powerful combos, take advantage of handy environmental weapons, and unleash spectacular skills and spells. Guild Wars 2 is putting the fun back into fantasy combat.
- Sprawling Dungeons. Only the most experienced groups of adventurers dare enter the dungeons, huge private adventure areas where the risks are immense but the rewards are great. Dungeons take many forms, but in each, you follow a gripping plot in story mode, and then branch into the even more challenging free-roaming explorable mode.
- Competitive PvP. Face off against small teams of other players in intense matches where skill and audacity determine the victor. Battle over key objectives on a wide variety of maps loaded with game-changing secondary objectives like cannons and trebuchets. Make a name for your team during our daily, weekly, and annual PvP tournaments.
- Worlds Collide. Prepare for battlefield combat on an epic scale! In world vs. world, armies of hundreds of players from competing servers wage war across four sprawling maps, seizing objectives and scoring points for their side. Lay siege to castles, raid enemy supply caravans, build weapons of war, and clash with other players in truly massive battles. There’s always something to do on the battlefield, and new players can start WvW right away!
- No Subscription. Get the game and play. It’s that simple.